Sunday, August 14, 2011

Progressively worse anxiety, depression, intrusive thoughts, and paranoia?

My winter semester ended at my college 2 weeks ago and I went on break. However a week before that I noticed that I started having problems. I would shrug up and my neck would get tense so I would have to take the tension off of my neck and shoulders by dropping them and them keeping them back again so i wouldn't slouch. Usually it would be accompanied by a negative thought. My anxiety also affected me where my hands would involuntarily twitch and my legs spasm. It would be worse and hard to manage when my neck muscles where tense. Therefore every time it got tense I dropped my shoulders and relaxed them. This could be any time of the day, around anyone or by myself. I just had to fear something enough and my shoulders would hike up and put stress on my neck. Then one day my anxiety got really bad and my neck got really stiff. I went to the gym with one hours of sleep (dumb idea and my anxiety probably kept me up) and did my back weight lifting routine and when I woke up my neck was incredibly stiff and I could not move it. not only that my shoulders were very tight and I could move them up to my ear. the tension is cause my eyes to balloon a little so it looks like I'm staring at everyone when I'm not. Even if that wasn't embarring enough, my intrusive thoughts and anxiety were still there. This is where I got heavily depressed, because, one I could not workout without properly injuring myself and two I lock up around my friends because I don't want to them think I'm crazy or anything! If I slouch the tension gets to my face and I look angry. Worse part is I don't have insurance and I can't see a doctor to get my neck checked out. I tried everything to relax my neck at home. weightless shoulder shrugs, shoulder rolls, rolling my neck side to side gently. it does menial help. and as for the paranoia, I started getting paranoid when people were mentioning something negative such as... my barber (she spoke about a client insulting her accent making it harder for her to cut hair) I thought she was speaking about me. and I started changing my behavior and everything. lol I've been able to keep my depression under control because I don't slouch but the anxiety the avoidance too. what can I do to help myself? I'm trying to get insurance tomorrow and hopefully that will fall through, tried setting some big goals for myself for this year to cheer myself up, and trying to stay away from the computer/video game console so I can get out more and this will have a less of an effect on me....

No comments:

Post a Comment